Today, more and more people are using their vehicles to get around. With the increased use of cars, parking lots have become an integral part of our daily lives. Parking lots provide a place to park our vehicles safely. However, safety is not always guaranteed in these spaces because there is no guarantee of how pedestrians will behave when walking through the lot. Thankfully there are ways that we can make parking lots safer! Doing things right from the outset will help make your parking lot safe for vehicles and pedestrians.
Hire a professional contractor like Action Asphalt in Sacramento, CA, for construction and ongoing maintenance of your parking lot.
In this blog post, we’ll give you a brief overview of parking lot safety and explain how asphalt surfaces and pavement marking can improve overall safety, helping keep everyone safe while passing through!
1) How Potholes and Cracks Reduce Safety
Cracks and potholes tend to appear when the surface is old, making pedestrians vulnerable to tripping and falling over them, which could lead to serious injuries. Furthermore, large potholes can even cause damage to vehicles as they drive over them. Such occurrences can result in a possible lawsuit for your commercial property, as no one likes injuring themselves or damaging their cars when going shopping.
Additionally, worn out and damaged parking lots give a negative impression to customers who assume the same about the service you offer. So, cracks and potholes are not only hazardous for customers, but they can also have negative repercussions for your business.
2) How Pavement Markings Improve Parking Lot Safety
Pavement markings and striping are equally crucial for parking lot safety.
- First and foremost, they help guide drivers in the right direction. For example, markings serve to direct traffic or let people know where parking spots are. Plus, if there is an area of danger that needs to be steered clear of, then striping can also help indicate this!
- Additionally, these lines often lead into intersections or crosswalks, which offer extra protection for pedestrians and vehicles alike.
- Of course, each type of marking has its purpose, but all work towards improving safety at any given time.
Parking lot safety is a combination of various factors. You also need adequate lighting and 24/7 CCTV monitoring to inspect and record potential nefarious activity to provide a secure environment. Remember, making your parking lot safe is good for business as customers enjoy the overall shopping experience.
Your parking lot surface and markings play a crucial role in the overall safety of both pedestrians and vehicles. Action Asphalt offers complete asphalt sealcoating, maintenance, and line striping services to commercial properties in Sacramento, CA. Get a free quote from our team and take a step towards making your parking lot much more secure.